Brave the winds of Frozen – The Musical’s wintry world LIVE at the Providence Performing Arts Center on March 7 – 17! In this stunning stage adaptation of Disney’s Academy Award-winning film, audiences will join Queen Elsa (Caroline Bowman) and Princess Anna (Lauren Nicole Chapman) of Arendelle once again as they take off on a two-hour journey of snow, songs, and sisterhood that’ll decide the future of their home kingdom. Breathtaking setpieces, lifelike puppets, and pure theater magic abound! Under the direction of Tony Award winner Michael Grandage, Frozen – The Musical features a book by Jennifer Lee, with music and lyrics by the movie’s original songwriters, Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. It will also showcase seven classic hits, such as “Let It Go” and “Do You Want to Build a Snowman,” as well as twelve “made-for-Broadway” songs that’ll send you soaring through the rafters. Book your seats now and catch Frozen’s 2024 North American tour LIVE in Rhode Island!
Frozen – The Musical Tickets
“A theatrical extravaganza that delivers. There are screams, cheers, tears and the effect is genuinely electric!” – New York Magazine
“Joyous and triumphant!” – ABC News
Disney’s global box-office phenomenon comes alive in this breathtaking Broadway adaptation of snowy symphonies and spectacles! Hug your coats tight as the blizzard rages on in Frozen – The Musical, sweeping across North America in its tour’s 2024 seasonal lineup. As of today, sixteen runs are slated to launch, and one of them is coming to you at the Providence Performing Arts Center for a series of shows from March 7 to 17!
Set in the prosperous Kingdom of Arendelle, this elemental epic follows the plights of two sisters, Elsa and Anna — one burdened with unfathomable power while the other is lost in her pursuit of love. After isolating herself high up the mountains, Elsa unwittingly conjures an icy storm that threatens to destroy her home and her people. It is up to Anna to brave the perils of steep slopes and wintry winds so she can break the spell and save both her sister and her kingdom, joined by a ragtag team of beloved characters worth melting for!
A transformative take on the tried and tested formula of Disney’s princess stories, Frozen flips the notion of “true love” on its head, turning it into a timeless tale of sisterhood! It is two hours of gorgeous setpieces, show-stopping performances, and jaw-dropping effects that’ll send you on a once-in-a-lifetime journey of sacrifice and self-discovery.
“The bond between the sisters effectively and literally takes the spotlight. Doubters may just have their hearts thawed.” – Entertainment Weekly
Directed by Tony Award winner Michael Grandage, the production employs a similarly acclaimed team of Oscar, Emmy, and GRAMMY Award-winning creatives. Its book, written by Jennifer Lee, artfully retouches key points from the original movie, backdropped by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez’s evocative score.
Audiences will also be delighted to hear twelve new musical numbers exclusively made for the Broadway stage plus seven of the film’s most iconic hits, such as “For the First Time in Forever,” “Do You Want to Build a Snowman,” and, of course, the 86th Academy Awards’ Best Original Song, “Let It Go.”
- Caroline Bowman as Elsa
- Lauren Nicole Chapman as Anna
- Jeremy Davis as Olaf
- Dominic Dorset as Kristoff
- Preston Perez as Hans
- Collin Baja or Dan Plehal as Sven
- Evan Duff as Weselton
- Annie Piper Braverman or Emma Origenes as Young Anna
- Erin Choi or Savannah Lumar as Young Elsa
- Jack Brewer as Oaken, Bishop
- Tyler Jimenez as Pabbie
- Kyle Lamar Mitchell as King Agnarr
- Katie Mariko Murray as Queen Iduna
- Renée Reid as Bulda
- Gretel Scarlett as Head Handmaiden
Swing and ensembles, meanwhile, enlist the talents of Alicia Albright, Kate Bailey, Kristen Smith Davis, Sarah Dearstyine, Leigh-Ann Esty, Michael Everett, Jason Goldson, Natalie Goodin, Michael Allan Haggerty, Zach Hess, Dustin Layton (Dance Captain), Adrianna Rose Lyons, Alexander Mendoza, Tony Neidenbach, Sammy Schechter, Nick Silverio, Daniel Switzer, Natalie Wisdom, and Peli Naomi Woods.
In a recent interview, Caroline Bowman shared insights about her vocal performances:
“Each time I sing ‘Let it Go,’ I feel like I’ve run a mile — my adrenaline pumps and it’s almost like giving birth. You have to bear down and handle it. Idina Menzel really defined this song in the movie version, but I try to deliver it in my own way for the audience night after night.”
- Kristen Anderson-Lopez – Music and Lyrics
- Robert Lopez – Music and Lyrics
- Jennifer Lee – Book
- Michael Grandage – Director
- Rob Ashford – Choreography
- Christopher Oram – Scenic and Costume Design
- Natasha Katz – Lighting Design
- Peter Hylenski – Sound Design
- Finn Ross – Video Design
- Michael Curry – Puppet Design
- David Brian Brown – Hair Design
- Anne Ford-Coates – Makeup Design
- Jeremy Chernick – Special Effects Design
- Stephen Oremus – Music Supervision and Arrangements
- Dave Metzger – Orchestrations
- Michael Keller – Music Coordinator
- Michael Aarons – Music Coordinator
- Brian Usifer – Music Director – Broadway
- Adrian Sarple – Associate Director
- Sarah O’Gleby – Associate Choreographer
- Charlie Williams – Associate Choreographer
- Telsey + Company – Casting
- Aurora Productions – Technical Supervision
- Clifford Schwartz – Senior Production Supervisor
- Lisa Dawn Cave – Production Supervisor
- Charles Underhill – Associate Production Supervisor
- David Kaley – Associate Costume Designer
- Faith Seetoo – Music Director – North American Tour
- Paige Grant – Production Stage Manager
- Patricia L. Grabb – Stage Manager – North American Tour
- Brae Singleton – Assistant Stage Manager – North American Tour
- Cathy Hwang – Assistant Stage Manager
Following its 2017 preliminary tryouts in Denver’s Buell Theatre, Frozen – The Musical blasted through the doors of Broadway for its previews on February 22, 2018. It officially opened in full gale force a month later at the St. James Theatre, retaining much of the Denver production’s team while featuring a retooled script that targeted a more adult audience.
“Warmth and humor pervade Frozen, breathing theatrical life into a pop culture phenomenon about the enduring power of love.” – Variety
“Brisk and entertaining… With the same characters that won the hearts of filmgoers brought to three-dimensional life.” – The Telegraph
The Broadway run captivated over 1.3 million viewers across 825 performances, where it grossed more than $150 million and earned nominations for Best Musical, Book, and Original Score at the 72nd Annual Tony Awards. It also won a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Puppet Design, coming off rave reviews for the show’s life-sized Sven replica. In 2021, it skated its way to West End London at Drury Lane, receiving four nominations from the Laurence Olivier Awards, including one for Best New Musical.
Apart from this ongoing North American tour, which kicked off five years ago in 2019, Frozen – The Musical has been dazzling millions of fans in Australia, Singapore, Japan, Germany, and Norway, with an upcoming Netherlands production on the way!
Revisit the Walt Disney classic in this theatrical sensation for friends and family! Click the link above to book your reservations now for Frozen – The Musical LIVE at the Providence Performing Arts Center from March 7 to 17. We’ll see you there!